Friday, October 7, 2016

my style of writing

I've talked before about basing my stories and writing on myself and personal experiences. That helps-I guess you could call me a "method writer."
I make some of my characters reclusive and having difficulty dealing with social situations-same as me! I have been searching forever for someone from high school and have always wondered what would happen if she came back into my life if maybe at the wrong time. I finally decided that would make a great story. I started it off with the actual conversations I had with the girl and proceeded from there.
Some of my stories contain characters named after people I have known or met online. I also blended in imaginary situations I had when I was a kid and "characters" from those scenarios.I even managed to blend in some of my (tamer) "female fantasies" into my stories. Not too worry-they're not offensive. I also blend in my personal interests (i.e. making my characters aspiring writers, having them country music and sports fans) into the stories.
I try my best to be observant so that I can see what can make a great story. If my stories were ever turned into movies, I can imagine certain actors and actresses portraying the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment